Sunday, May 1, 2011

Some Times It Feels So Good To Be Right...

So hearkening back to a previous post http://amberafterglow.blogspot.com/2011/04/jk-rowlins-sucks.html I was more than a little pleased and surprised when Kiersten White blogged along the same lines.  Of course she did it a bit more eloquently and superbly, but more or less the same gist as my theory. 
http://kierstenwrites.blogspot.com/2011/04/on-pacing.html

I do agree that sometimes as writers, we forget to take a step back and remember who we are writing for.  Yes of course, first and foremost we are writing for ourselves.  But if we are going to be completely honest, we WANT and NEED other people to read our work and enjoy it as well. 

Seriously, I know.  I'm currently working on a third revision of the same story.  There are huge chucks of my WIP that I have gutted because they meant more to me than to the story. I had to cut two characters that I loved.  Upon reviewing I realized they didn't add much to the story.  Instead they took away from it.   Did it kill me to do so?  Yes, yes it did.  In the end though, my WIP is the better for it and I call that a success!

Well that is the end of my ramblings for now.  Need to stop procrastinating!  Back to work Amber, chop chop!

No comments:

Post a Comment